I'd Like to Issue an Apology

To my friends, fans, and family.

I'd like to take a moment and issue an apology. I'm sure by now most of you know that in a recent interview in Modern Maturity, I made some controversial statements that made many people upset. I'd like to begin by reminded you of what I, foolishly, said. In the interview I stated: “I don't see how anyone could enjoy the Xbox One or Playstation Four, when Nintendo's Wii U is the clearly superior system.”

The outrage was immediate and immense. I lost half of my Twitter followers, three to be exact, and many people were calling for my resignation. The sharpest repercussion that took place was my suspension from my hit YouTube Series, Squirrel Dallas, in which actors in squirrel costumes re-create scenes from the famous 1980s primetime soap opera Dallas (and I was playing J.R. too!). Amazingly , for as many people as were upset, as many were angry that people were angry. There was a Facebook group called “Put Andy Back In The Squirrel Costume” and #SaveSquirrelDallas became a number one trending topic on Twitter.

I was overwhelmed by the amount of hate mail that came flooding in, “How dare you say Mario is better than Master Chief,” and people crying out “You're not a real gamer! Go to bed old man!” Would I call myself a serious gamer? No, not at all. I'm by no means perfect, and I've always been more of a casual gamer. Yet, I have realized that just because I enjoy the slower pace of a virtual console version of Super Castlevania, doesn't mean you can't play your fancy Call of Duty game.

To be honest, I'm downright impressed by how gaming technology has advanced to some really amazingly realistic graphics. Yet, I will always have a special place in my heart for 8-bit and 16-bit games I spent so many happy days of my childhood playing. Still, what I said was stupid and pointless. What's it matter which gaming system people enjoy? It's stupid to get upset at each other over petty things like video games. You enjoy your Xbox, I like my Nintendo. No big whoop.

So I am sorry, I'm sorry if what I said caused you any pain, and I hope you can forgive me. I'd like for us all to move on as quickly as possible, and I'd really like to return to Squirrel Dallas as well. We're getting amped up to shoot out version of the famous “Who Shot J.R.?” sequence, and I really want to be the one to do it.

Again, I am sorry for what I said, and I hope that in this coming year we can move past it, and get along with each other better. I also wish to publicly state that upon my return to my web series, I will donate a significant portion of my lofty, $20.00 an episode salary to charity. Thank you for your time today, and I hope I can get pretend shot in a squirrel costume on the internet soon.

Best wishes,


Andy Ross

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Thompson, Thanksgiving, and Her

The Strangest Movie I've Ever Seen

Blood Cold Mysteries